Real german wheat rolls with preferment, that makes it much healthier and easier to digest!
100 g Water
100 g All-Purpose Flour (T550)
0,1 g Fresh Yeast
150 g All-Purpose Flour (T550)
55 g Water
5 g Salt
3 g Butter
10 g Sugar
5 g Fresh Yeast
How to do it:
- Mix preferment ingredients until smooth. Let sit at room temperature for 16-20hrs (depends on your room temperature – higher = less ferment time and opposite).
- Knead main dough ingredients for 5 min without salt, sugar and butter.
- Add salt, sugar and butter and knead for another 5min.
- Cover the dough and let ferment for 30min.
- Fold and let ferment another 30min.
- Knead the dough and divide in 5 same pieces. Roll in a tight ball.
- Place on baking tray and let rise for 60min. Preheat oven on 230°C with a baking tray filled with water.
- Spray risen rolls with water and cut in the middle with a sharp knife or razor.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and quickly insert the rolls. Bake for 25min.